Do you enjoy drinking iced tea? We have a healthy recipe for weight loss or recipes. Try these healthy iced coffee protein shake recipes for weight loss to start your morning on the right foot!
These healthy recipes will help you lose weight fast.
The Benefits of Adding Coffee to A Protein Shake
Research shows that coffee increases adrenaline levels in the body. As adrenaline courses through your bloodstream, it tells fat tissues to release fat. Your body can then use this fat for energy.
Studies have also found that your body temperature increases after you drink caffeine, and so does your metabolic rate.
Lean people may have up to a 29 percent increase in their metabolic rate after consuming caffeine. If you’re already at a healthy weight, drinking coffee with your protein powder can help you stay that way.
Caffeine can also improve athletic performance. If you’re already drinking a shake before you go to the gym, consider adding some coffee to it.
Caffeine can make you exercise more intensely without perceiving that you’re working that hard, according to research. That means that you may be able to burn more calories in less time when you work out.
What Else Should You Add to A Protein Shake?
So if you aren’t packing your protein shake with fruit, what should you add to it?
Start with the liquid, which in this case is iced coffee. Add some unsweetened, non-dairy milk if you’re looking for a bit of creaminess.
A scoop of your favorite protein powder provides extra nutrients, and it will help you stay full for longer. It should also give the shake enough sweetness that you don’t need to add any fruit.
A handful of greens packs in some calcium and fiber. Spinach and kale are relatively flavorless in a smoothie, so don’t be shy about it! Put in at least a couple of handfuls.
Raw cacao can give you that mocha flavor without the sugar that’s often found in chocolate syrups.
Cinnamon can make your smoothie taste great and help you lose weight. According to Fitday, studies show that consuming half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day can help regulate your blood sugar levels so that you store less fat.
Coconut oil can provide enough fat to help you feel full. Adding coconut oil to your coffee can increase energy, speed up metabolism and boost the immune system.
Remember that coconut oil is high in fat and calories, so make not to go overboard here while you are trying to actively lose weight.
So, let’s get started!
8 Healthy Iced Coffee Protein Shake Recipes for Weight Loss
- Cafe Mocha Protein Shake
This protein shake is great for two things:
- Kickstarting your day, thanks to the caffeine (and the delicious taste);
- Losing weight like never before
It has such a high protein content while being incredibly delicious.
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 6 oz brewed cold coffee
- 6 oz unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until desired consistency is reached.
- If smoothie is too thick or thin for your liking, adjust ice or almond milk to taste.
- Cold Brew Mocha Smoothie
If you like iced mocha in the morning and you also want to lose weight, there’s nothing better than this protein shake.
Incredibly delicious and loaded with protein to ensure you’re satiated and on your way to burning fat.
This energizing mocha smoothie is cool, creamy and delicious. Made with cold brew coffee, chocolate protein powder, cacao, dates and almond milk.
- 2/3 cup cold brew coffee
- 2/3 cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Unsweetened Vanilla
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 2 medjool dates
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 1 Teaspoon cacao powder
- 1 Teaspoon cacao nibs (optional)
Place all ingredients except cacao nibs into a high powered blend and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass, top with a new cacao nibs and enjoy
- Wake Me Up Coffee Smoothie
As the name suggests, this protein smoothie is particularly great to wake you up in the morning.
Containing caffeine and delicious ingredients, it’s the perfect way to start your day on the right foot.
This coffee smoothie is every non-morning person’s dream come true. Packed with whole grains, fruit, and coffee, it has everything needed to get you from 0 to fully functioning adult in minutes.
- 1 banana previously sliced and frozen
- ½ cup strong brewed coffee 120 mL, chilled
- ½ cup milk 120 mL, any variety
- ¼ cup rolled oats 25 g
- Optional: spoonful of nut butter
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding more milk as necessary to reach a consistency to your liking. Optionally top with a sprinkle of chocolate and serve immediately.
- Easy Coffee Smoothie Recipe
Made with coffee, banana and other ingredients, this protein shake will not only make sure that you start your day with energy, but also that you are satiated for hours.
It’s absolutely great to lose weight, as the sugar cravings won’t kick in in the morning like they usually do.
- 3/4 cup coffee, cooled
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 – 2 tablespoons vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1/2 cup ice
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice if thicker consistency is desired. Serve immediately.
- Healthy Coffee Banana Smoothie Recipe
Yet another coffee banana smoothie, except this one has a touch of canella to make the taste richer and more interesting.
I’d describe it as bold and smooth, while being satisfying and giving you plenty of energy to start (or finish) your day.
- 1 cup chilled Seattle’s Best brewed coffee
- 1 1/2 bananas, cut into chunks
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tsp honey or agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp grated nutmeg
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all of the ingredients in a heavy-duty blender (one that can crush ice).
- Blend until smooth. Serve.
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Breakfast Smoothie
It’s hard to make a list of protein shakes without including chocolate in there…
This mocha breakfast smoothie is everything your taste buds can dream of: creamy vanilla greek yogurt combined with chocolate chips and delicious coffee to make for an out-of-this-world protein shake.
For the Breakfast Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee bold
- 5 oz vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tbsp chocolate syrup
- Additional tbsp chocolate syrup
- whipped cream
- Add ice, chocolate chips, greek yogurt, chocolate syrup, and coffee to a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup.
- Thai Iced Coffee Protein Shake
Why not end this list with an exotic recipe?
If you want to try something new, this Thai iced coffee recipe should definitely be on your list.
Travel the world without leaving your comfy chair with this delicious protein shake.
- 1 cup brewed cold coffee *
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup ice to taste
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth and desired consistency is reached.
- If smoothie is too thick, add a little more coffee or water or almond milk and blend again.
- If smoothie is too thin, add a little more ice and blend again.
In place of coffee, you can use 8 oz unsweetened almond milk and 3 tsp. instant espresso powder instead.
- The Red Tea Detox
Now that you know the ingredients to the above ice teas, you still need a proper way to use them in order to get the best results fast. This is where the RED TEA DETOX plays a major part in your drinking Diet.