As you’ve probably heard, an apple a day keeps the doctor away. Apples are notoriously healthy and good for you, yet in the health and fitness world, they’re often overlooked in favour of other more obscure fruits and veggies.
Apples can be used in a variety of useful ways, though turning them into apple cider vinegar is by far one of the healthiest uses for them. Here’s a look at how ACV can kill a sinus infection in a short time.
Cure a sinus infection with apple cider vinegar
Sinus infections can leave us feeling bunged up, in pain, and downright miserable at times. ACV, however, helps to attack the build up of harmful bacteria responsible for the infection, and inflammation that can exasperate the condition and leave you in pain and discomfort with blocked sinuses.
When you suffer with an infection, mucus blocks the cavities between your eyes, cheekbones, and forehead. ACV binds to pathogens responsible for said infections, and helps your body remove them more effectively while reducing inflammation at the same time.
So how does ACV cure a sinus infection?
Normally if you suffer with a sinus infection, or sinusitis, a doctor will prescribe antibiotics. Antibiotics do work, but eventually your body will build up an immunity and antibiotics can often cause harmful side effects as well.
Apple cider vinegar is a wonderful alternative. It works by binding to the pathogens causing the infection, which allows the body to filter them out and remove them more effectively. The vitamins, antioxidants, minerals, and other active compounds in the cider help to boost the immune system and target the pathogens and bacteria responsible for the blockages and infections.
The ultimate apple cider vinegar recipe for clean and healthy sinuses
Now that we know a little more about ACV and sinus infections, we’ll now look at how you can prepare and consume an apple cider vinegar solution to ensure your sinuses are healthy and clear. You will need:
- The juice of one freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp of honey
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of fresh water
- Take a clean and sterile saucepan and place the water and apple cider inside
- Place onto a medium heat and warm through, without bringing to an actual boil
- Now, add your honey for sweetness, the lemon juice, and the cayenne pepper and continue to heat for a further minute
- Remove from the heat, give a good stir, allow to cool, and drink the delicious beverage
- Repeat this process on a daily basis until your sinus infection has cleared up
- Some people drink this solution daily for general health and well-being purposes.
Apple cider vinegar is one of the healthiest natural ingredients on the face of the planet. Not only is it simple to use, it’s also very affordable and very versatile. If your sinuses are causing you problems, or if you simply want to boost your immunity and health in general, be sure to stock up on this simple, yet highly effective ingredient.